Ready to Promote Equity, Access, and Student Success?
The Joint Special Populations Advisory Committee is a collection of individuals who bring unique knowledge, and expertise on special populations students. An individual member augments the knowledge and skills of the committee to effectively guide and recommend equity and access resources for educators.
Members attend meetings, provide feedback to their regions and related committees to which they belong. Members can be reimbursed for their travel expenses to attend the committee meetings and conferences.
Region representation for community college
- one member from the 7 consortia Community Colleges
Region representation for K-12 – Adult
- one member from each of the 10 regions (K-Adult Education State Regional Map)
Representation from the public and private sector
Up to 10 members can represent the public and private sector.
- does not need to represent a particular region
- There are two vacancies for K-Adult Education representatives. Please check the about us page to see vacancy.
- There are two current vacancies for Community College representatives. Please check the about us page to see vacancies
- (5) Public/Private Sector
If there are no vacancies in your region for secondary, or post-secondary, we offer a supporting member option.
- Supporting members can represent any region from secondary or post-secondary
- Supporting members are not mandated for this position to attend the meetings, conference, or participate on conference calls
- Supporting members do not receive travel reimbursements to attend committee meetings, conference
Become a Member
Educators, Public/Private Sector, Statewide Initiatives
Interested in becoming an advisory member, or supporting member please submit an application.
Filling the position
The process for community college representatives, the Equity Analyst contacts the chair of the regional consortia to identify a replacement or the current member of the region or a voting member can recommend a replacement working with their regional consortia chair.
The process of recommending and approving a new K-12 and Adult representative is recommended by the CDE State Educational Consultant.
The process of recommending representatives from the private/ public groups can be nominated and selected by the voting members and Equity Analyst of the committee.
The process for a supporting member is to complete an application and the voting committee members on the approval of supporting member .